Links and resources
- OPC Foundation - the Capital of the OPC World. Host of OPC Specifications, SDKs, sample code and applications, OPC redistributables, white papers, videos, test tools - the list goes on and on. Note that now just registared users can access OPC UA Specifications, and download significant number of applications, SDKs.
- OPC UA Specifications - online reference to all OPC UA specifications.
- Thoughts on Process Historians- very well written article from Mina Andrawos.
- http://www.cppreference.com - my favorite full C++ reference - C++98, C++03, C++11, C++17. Has good code samples, which you can even try to modify, compile, build and run right from the web page. It has also long list of open source C++ libraries.
- https://isocpp.org/get-started - Links to C++ compilers, including online ones, on the Standard C++ Foundation web site.
- Tools and utilities:
- Converter of VMWare images to/from Hyper-V images
- DbVisualizer - Cross-platform Java based Universal Database Tool.
I tried to use it with MS SQL Server and on Windows and with HyperSQL on Ubuntu 14.02. Has free version and Pro version with more features. Can connect to all major databases.
- https://inkscape.org - professional vector graphics editor for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux. It's free and open source.
- http://www.online-convert.com/ - free online file converter. Additionally to uploading and converting files manually, it also provides API for programmatical conversion.
- http://jsoneditoronline.org/ - online JSON editor.
- White Papers, HowTo, throubleshooting tips:
- Cloud related resources:
- Impressive Youtube video tour on Microsoft Azure Data Centers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ44hEr5DFE
- Nice article about using of the C SDK to push data to the cloud: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/iot-hub-device-sdk-c-intro/